Brian began his public accounting career in Charlotte in 1995.
During his career, Brian has been part of the management team of three start-up businesses including his own CPA firm and a financial consulting firm that successfully completed an Initial Public Offering. Brian’s experience as an entrepreneur gives him a unique insight into the challenges faced by other business owners. Brian’s firm merged with Scharf Pera & Co., PLLC in 2016.
Brian enjoys working with individual business professionals who benefit from planning and advice to improve their tax results. The planning involves sources of income including business income, salary, bonuses, stock options, rental income and investment income.
Brian loves networking and has built a valuable network of business professionals and service providers. He genuinely enjoys connecting people and seeing beneficial relationships form between his contacts.
Brian and his wife are active foster volunteers with Charlotte Mecklenburg Animal Care and Control. They enjoy donating their time to care for some of Charlotte’s finest adoptable family pets.
- B.A., Social Science, California State University – Sacramento, 1992
Licensure and Affiliations:
- Licensed CPA in North Carolina
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Business Leaders of Charlotte
- Foster Volunteer-Charlotte Mecklenburg Animal Care and Control