Do you know the ABCs of HSAs, FSAs and HRAs? The accounts in this “alphabet soup” offer tax-advantaged health care funding. If you have a qualified high-deductible health plan (HDHP), you can contribute to an HSA. It can grow tax-deferred similar to an IRA. An HDHP isn’t required for you to contribute to an FSA. What you don’t use by year end, you lose, but there are exceptions. An HRA also doesn’t require an HDHP, but only your employer can contribute. Any unused portion typically is carried forward. Questions about taxes and health care expenses? Contact us.